Thursday, November 13, 2008

My MBS2 experience

I just arrived from my Mindanao trip where I attended the Mindanao Blogging Summit (MBS2) in General Santos City. It’s been almost a month but the summit is still worth remembering. Thanks to Avel Manansala ( Bariles of GenSantos.com ), the organizers, and sponsors of the said event.

Gensan is not new to me. As a kid my nanay would take me to Gensan to visit distant relatives and we would go to Makar because that’s where we board Sulpicio Lines whenever we go to Manila. However, I was used to calling it Dadiangas but the place has changed so much so does its name.

It was my first time to sleep over at Gensan and my first blogging summit experience. Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! Is all I could utter? A lot of thanks to my equally laagan buddy Bonedoc for bringing me there.MBS2 experience was really an eye opener for me. I never thought that Mindanao bloggers are that enthusiastic and growing in numbers! I was surprised to learn that everyone really came from a different background, profession, age group, and personality. Some even traveled as far as Zamboanga!



“Oh my what the heck am I doing here? Why did this blog savvy doctor bring me here? “I felt so indifferent knowing I am not a computer and technology enthusiast. I’m not even a writer. But hey I learned a lot and met a lot of interesting people, enjoyed the overflowing coffee, freebies, and food, food, and more food. Moreover, got to tour Gensan!

First stop, Gensan Fish Port! No wonder Gensan is progressive. Thanks to the giant tunas for really making the city the Tuna Capital of the country. It was a thrill to be up close with the freshly catch huge tuna being carried by masculine fishermen.


this tuna...

not this tuna catch

Then, we headed to Saranggani Highlands. The sun was burning hot but the view of a sarrangani bay from the hilltop is awesome. Cameras clicking and bloggers kept posing!






After mathematics misunderstanding at the canteen, we headed to the champs mansion. Yes, we were like kids who loitered and posed around Manny Pacquiao’s home. Thanks to the brother of Sir Avel for accommodating us. My favourite part of pacman’s house his receiving area where he framed his winning and glorious moments.



It was really amusing. Idol! Last stop is Pacific seas where we got a taste and a chance to buy tuna products for pasalubong.It was almost lunch and I was tired but happy from the tour and from the MBS2 itself. I left Gensan with so much pride and amusement. Congratulations to the organizers. I’m looking forward for more bloggers’ summit in the future and thanks to all the people I met and talked to during MBS2!

0 comments: